I read from some blogs saying that Uncle Seng Fresh Own Made Noodles @ SS15 Subang Jaya is pretty good and worth a try. So last weekend on the way to Kepong we made a stop for lunch there. I was shocked by the number of customers crowding the place, from students to families. Usually this would be a good sign of things to come. But unfortunately it turned out to be a disappointing experience.
I bet many are going to disagree with what I am going to say about Uncle Seng's noodles. But first, lets just agree that we all have different taste buds – and I am in no way saying mine is better. I've never been a food critic and I will never be one. Criticizing food has never been the reason I started this blog. Anything about me disliking a particular food is just my sole opinion and please don't get offended even if you 101% disagree with me.

braised-pork-noodle

Types of noodles offered here range from Char Siew Wan Tan, Braised Pork, Chicken Feet Mushroom, Curry Chicken etc – you get the drift. Combination like Curry Chicken and Char Siew is allowed as long as you are willing to pay extra. The price for a bowl ranges somewhere from RM4.60 to RM7.80.
This is my Braised Pork Noodle @ RM6. The braised pork itself was tender and flavorful, nothing to complain about. But when it comes to the noodle, which is supposed to be Uncle Seng's main selling point, it was just a total let down. Totally bland and not springy at all, there's hardly even any texture.

char-siew-wantan-noodle

Next, Char Siew Wan Tan noodle @ RM4.60. We quite liked the char siew and wan tan but the noodles was totally out. We had to season our noodles with A LOT of ground white pepper and light soya sauce just to make it more flavorful.

uncle-seng-noodle

It looks appetizing alright.. but looks can be deceiving.


chili-sauce
I poured lotsa these stuff…

Sensing our displeasure, the cashier (whom I assume was Uncle Seng himself?) came over and suggested to us that we should mix the chili sauce into the noodles for a better taste. I tried it and still, I didn't like how the taste turned out.
To describe the taste, imagine chicken rice's chili sauce – thicker and sweeter, then imagine mixing tablespoons of it into your Wantan Mee. There are even suggestions that you POUR the chili sauce GENEROUSLY on the noodles.. wtf? Am I eating some sort of Chinese spaghetti now? Oh well, enough said.

uncle-seng-ss15

This was my first time encountering a noodle so lacking in confidence in its own taste that required so much additional seasoning to make it taste better. And the better here actually means less sucky. Definitely not a returning customer here.
Again, the above are only my personal opinion and not meant to hurt any individual or business. I am just an ordinary person who happens to blog. And it so happens that I blog about food. By the way, I think this post is quite funny in a way lol.